Finally we dig out this recipe from some where and made this for her.. and thankfully we all liked it a lot...
Things you Need:
- Basmati Rice - 2 cups
- Carrots - 1
- Beans - 10 nos
- Green Bell pepper - 1/2 of one
- Egg - 3 or 4
- Soya Sauce - 2 tablespoon
- Garlic minced- 2 cloves ( take 3 if small)
- Pepper powder - 1 teaspoon
- Salt - as taste
- Oil - 2 tablespoon
Ideally we should use refrigerated rice for fried rice so that rice wont get sticky. So what i normally do is i cook the rice (as mentioned below) the previous night and keep it in the fridge so that the next day it is ideal for making fried rice. Or if you have some leftover rice u can make fried rice with that ;)
- Boil 4 cups of water in a vessel. When the water boils add the basmati rice.Close it with a lid and allow the rice to cook in a medium-low flame. Switch off once the rice is cooked and there is no water remaining. Make sure that rice doesnt get over cooked. After that spread the rice on a platter to cool it down..or u can keep it in the fridge for some time before making the fried rice.
- Meanwhile you can cut the vegetables and cook them either on stove or using a microwave and keep it ready. If you are too lazy to cut the veggies, you can use the frozen cut vegetables that we get in the supermarkets. Once the rice and the boiled veggies are ready,making fried rice is a matter of max 10 mts.
- Heat a wok. Pour 1 tbl spoon oil in that.
- Once the oil is hot, pour the eggs and make a scramble.
- Add the remaining oil into wok and fry the minced garlic for 10 seconds.
- Now add the refrigerated rice into the wok and mix well with a spatula. Then add the cooked vegetables into this and mix well..
- Now add the remaining ingredients like soya sauce, salt and pepper. Stir everthing well...You can taste the fried rice and add more pepper or salt if you want... Stir for some 3-4 mts more and switch off the flame...
Your yummy yummy fried rice is ready to eat...